Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of Jew lie

The day was a success. I ran in the Freedom festival 10K with Matt and Katie and the whole Corrigan fam in the morning. Always a good time. Then I grocery shopped for the first time in months (once again trying to be better in our new apartment) and bought the fixins for an epic flag cake (photos below). Sometimes I am real ambitious with my baking and try something spectacular, which can lead me to epic disappointment and regret. This cake was almost one of these times. While it was baking, I looked in to find it completely unset and spilling over the sides, creating a mini forest fire in our apartment. The smoke detector started screaming and we rushed to open all windows and door and start the fan. In our frantic-ness, Josh stopped and hugged me and told me it was ok and that he was sorry. He knows this scene well. Lucky for my self-esteem, the cake just took 10 more minutes to set up and actually worked. Phew.
We met up with the Anderson's and Bulkley's and had a fourth of July/ Deb Deb's birthday celebration all afternoon with swimming and food and presents. When it got dark Chase and his friends gave us a light show to remember as I worried constantly that a small child was going to get their hand blown off. Josh said I'm such a mom. aka boring. boo.
this is what we looked like yesterday




after the race. this wasn't even the best photo, I just enjoy Indie pulling Kate's hair
with the Bulkley's. Pri pri was less than cooperative

Indie is a good poser. We have about 10 similar pictures at her request
Mocha had just smooched them
the infamous cake. yeah I'm wearing boy shorts and I'm not happy about them


4th of July Princess
 Happy summer everyone


2 comments:

  1. hahaha I love that you and Josh have matchy hair. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yay yay I love when you blog! I want to see pictures of "new apartment." :) I'm impressed by your cake. I considered making it myself. I'm glad you did it instead of me haha of course that means I didn't get to eat any either....

    ReplyDelete